Pinpoint Health and Safety is registered and accredited with Construction Education Training Authority (CETA) and SAQA and as such we are able to provide you with training which is accredited and in line with governmental codes and standards. Our team of fully qualified facilitators, assessors and moderators focus on supplying training which be beneficial to both learner and employer. In terms of the legal legislative training required within the workplace, we have the following course on offer:
- Erect and dismantle access scaffolding (Unit Standard – 261664)
- Inspect access scaffolding (Unit Standard – 263205)
- Working at heights (Unit Standard – 120362)
- Fall protection plan development (Unit Standard – 229998)
- HIRA – Conduct continuous risk assessments (Unit Standard – 120330)
- Basic firefighting (Unit Standard – 12484)
- HIV awareness (Unit Standard – 11449)
- Supervise work on a construction site (Unit Standard – 10981)
- OHS Legislation Induction (Unit Standard – 120344)
- Safety Representative (Unit Standard – 259622)
- H&S Management Programs (Unit Standard – 259601)
- Pre-use, safety and audit inspections (Unit Standard – 120333)
- Monitor, report and advice on people and material movement (Unit Standard – 120325)
A learnership is a work based learning programme that leads to an NQF registered qualification. Learnerships are directly related to an occupation or field of work, for example, electrical engineering, hairdressing or project management. Learnerships are managed by Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs). They were introduced by government to help skill learners and to prepare them for the workplace. Learnership programmes can help you to gain the necessary skills and workplace experience that will open up better employment or self-employment opportunities. The learnership programs we have available are:
- Construction Roadwork’s (Unit standard – 24173)
This qualification if for persons who work or intend to work within a construction context on a site, and who seek recognition for essential skills in construction operations in roadworks.
- Building and Civil Construction (Unit standard – 65409)
This qualification is intended for learners who are employed in the construction sector as painters, tillers, plasterers, masons, joiners, carpenters, roofers, or are self-employed as micro enterprise owners who provide services to construction contractors and members of the public.
- Community House Building (Unit standard – 24273)
The purpose of this qualification is to provide learners as well as providers of education and training with national standards that represent the competencies required to meet the challenges of participating effectively in the building construction industry as a multi-skilled practioner.
- Construction Plant Operators (Unit standard – 65789)
Is intended to assist all relevant stakeholders and role-players, including: civil and building construction companies, plant hire, forestry, material handling, mining and plant manufacturers.
- Business administration (Unit standard – 23833)
Is for the individual who is, or wishes to be, involved in the administration function in any organisation or business in any sector or field as well as in non-commercial organisations such as clubs and charitable organisations. It contains all the competencies, skills and values required by a learner who wishes to access the world of business administration.